Slient Screams Speaks!
Guest Speaker: Felicia R. Williams
Topic: Tricked by Family, Clergy, and Surviving Personal Tragedy
Felicia R. Williams is a powerful, unrelenting, resilient, extraordinary Woman of God. After experiencing rape and domestic violence at a young age, she has transformed her past hurts into a platform of love that encourages others through the darkest times in their life. Because of the traumas she has experienced there is no way you can come into her presence and not have a her story touch your life.
Lisa is the founder of the Journey 2 Healing Hearts nonprofit organization which was formed after the tragic passing of her son BJ to gun violence. She is passionate when it comes to helping those who have been abused physically, mentally and through violent crimes. Experiencing these setbacks could have caused her to give up on life, but today she is walking in a new light and pressing toward the fullness that God has in store for her life. She has been a licensed cosmetologist for over 20 years and because of her profession she is touching and changing many lives.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
2:00 - 3:00pm
Fishbowl Radio Network
LOOK AT THESE STATS
Some key statistics include (TCFV):
- Dallas County & Harris County have the highest number of deaths at 20 in each county
- DFW has 38 domestic violence homicides in Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Rockwall and Tarrant Counties
- Collin-3 (1) previous year
- Dallas-20 (9) previous year
- Denton-2 (3) previous year
- Ellis-1 (0) previous year
- Rockwall-1 (0) previous year
- Tarrant-11 (6) previous year
- 76% of the women were killed at home
- 58% were shot
- 22% were stabbed
- 6% were strangled
- 21 women had taken steps to leave
- 17 bystanders or witnesses killed
- 11 bystanders or witnesses injured
Anyone who is a victim of domestic violence and needs help can call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE.